Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Here we go with Vertigo!

Boy did I wake up dizzy yesterday! It's a shame that the world doesn't just stop when mommies are down. Knowing that, I gathered my dizzy self up, and prepared to take on the day! With the room spinning in all directions, I managed to dress not only myself but also my youngest two children. Driving was not so bad, walking was another story all together. I had to run into the store to buy some cat litter, not optional, cat litter is something you NEVER want to run low on!

As I walk through the store I realize that I looked like I had a 6 pk for lunch when I should have had a V-8. I almost fell twice and talking on the phone added a whole new dimension of dizziness to the game. When you are pushing a little one in a cart, you need your hands to push and keep little guy happy, so what do you do if you don't have your blue tooth? You put the phone up to your ear and tilt your head sideways to hold the phone with your shoulder. Or, if you feel like you just got off a Gravitron ride at the fair, you don't. Because when you tilt your head ever so slightly to the side, the room starts to rocket around in circles while you look for something without wheels to hold on to. Then people start to look at you like you are drunk and you wonder if they are going to follow you out to your car and jot down your tag number.

After my trip into the store, I cancelled all scheduled errands and headed home. Thankfully my oldest three boys were with my sis in law. I knew that my head needed to visit my pillow in order for my world to be righted, so to speak. Getting home, I stumble into the house urging Aven to follow me. He meanders his way to the door, still making an ugly face at me for not carrying him from the car to the house. Oh, forgive me, sweet, selfish little one, for not wanting to smack your beautiful head on the door jam as I fall into the house while it spins around.

I put Aven to bed for his nap, and headed to my room for one of my own. Getting on the bed and rearranging the pillows proved to be much more difficult than expected. As I laid on my bed, the room picked up speed. Suddenly I remembered a trick that a life long friend of mine let me in on. She once told me this for when you come home completely smashed and try to hit the sack. She said when you start to feel that "Stop the room, I wanna get off!" feeling, that there is away to keep the room from spinning....put one leg off the bed, touching the floor. Not being a drinker myself, I had never used this tidbit of info, until yesterday. Already in bed and on my back, I did not dare rearrange myself and send the room into a faster spin. Instead of my leg, I reached out and grabbed a nightstand with one hand and it helped! The room slowed significantly and I was able to nap!

Today was much better, still a bit dizzy, but I can talk and walk like a sober person and my room is no longer spinning. Now, I just gotta clean up all this laundry that was tossed on the floor by centrifugal force.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I am glad a drinking buddy could help you with this issue, see God does use all things for his purpose. Love Ya

deleise said...

That sounds miserable!