Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Prime Rhyme Time

My husband is again away
For what seems like all day
It's been all work and no play
But what can I really say

He pays all the bills
So we could get new wheels
I get the deals
And make all the meals

While he's away, we miss him
I can't wait to kiss him ; )
While giving the yard a trim
I got whacked with a limb

I also got a poison rash
It happened in a windy flash
Mowing and avoiding trash
And trees to avoid a crash

Little Stephen was on the back
Helping me stay on track
It was getting dark, time to hit the sack
Mowing job looked like it was done by a hack

While he was hanging on the rear
He looked out and spotted a deer
It lingered by us very near
With the noisy mower, it had no fear

Maybe it was deaf or something
Or perhaps afraid of nearly nothing
But a joy to mowing it did bring
More beautiful than this linguistic string

The other day I saw a snake
That will make my best friend shake
But probably not scare her son Jake
Oh, it was out in a field for goodness sake!

We do, after all, live out by the lake
And quite a walk you'd have to take
To kill it with a shovel, not a rake
And snake skin nothing you could make

For a snake it was rather small
And it certainly wasn't tall
Towards the fence it did crawl
I think it wore diamonds, as I recall...

So now Dawn is probably sweating bullets
And it may even seem she's developed Tourette's
She thought we should get a bunch of pullets
Will she again darken my doorstep with her silhouette?

That last one was rather hard
Talking about our crazy barnyard
Easier to rhyme with a word like card
And throw in a gross word like 'lard'

Lard is gross, you have to admit
Make me eat it and I'll throw a fit
I'd much rather eat a banana split
Then I will happily eat every bit

After all, I do like sweets
I'm all about the chocolate treats!
My husband, he prefers BBQ meats
But all in all, we like GOOD EATS!

We didn't get this size by eating light
Some foods are just a pure delight
Others foods are just 'alright'
Maybe we should start a diet tonight...(yeah right!)

I think it's time to go to bed
If I can sleep when I lay down my head
And snuggle up under my comfy bed spread
I may lie awake waiting for that man I wed.

Though it may sound like some old cliche
I don't sleep well when he's away
That is much to my dismay
So I will spend some time with God and pray

5 comments:

Gina said...

Bobbi! You are hilarious!

Anonymous said...

I love you and yes I will gain come to your house but I hope I will ligthen your doorstep and not darken it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SheriYates said...

that is great!

Anonymous said...

Girl you absolutely crack me up. Well me and Keagan miss you dearly and are absolutely dying to see you. Keagan is one tomorrow! The 14th

Anonymous said...

sorry by the way tha last comment was jaclyn....sorry