Saturday, April 26, 2008

Frequent Oblivion

I am frequently oblivious to the work God is going in my life. My phone number for example. The number we have had for the past 2 + years has been a huge part of our life. It once belonged to Mercy Ministries, an outreach that is run by the church we attend. At one time, we would receive up to 40 phone calls a day asking for various forms of assistance. Some we could help, some we could not. This phone number, which was not coincidence, but providence, opened up new areas of ministry for us and took us places we never dreamed we would go. Nor would we have chosen to go.

For many months now, my sweet and wonderful husband has wanted to change our number. Not because of the continued calls, but to go to a new type of service that offered significant savings. This new service (Skype) does not yet have the capability to allow you to take your number with you when you leave your current provider. I was resistant. What about the calls? What about the people!? My husband told me it was the Lord that brought us the people, and even without the phone number, he could continue to do so.

It is just amazing how completely oblivious I can be sometimes. Right about the time of our family losses (see below), the calls just dropped off. There were almost none. Not even one per day. During this season, God removed what took up a lot of our time and emotional energy. I didn't even notice it at first. Granted, I was dealing with other things and my mind was not wondering why the phone wasn't ringing. It wasn't until after the 'dust had settled' so to speak, that I realized that we were no longer receiving calls. It wasn't until a few days ago that I realized what the Lord had done for us. It was a 'duh' moment. I sometimes take for granted the things that He orchestrates. I sometimes fail to give Him the glory for the things that happen to me. It is simply looked at as everyday life rather than the awesomeness that it really is. He is never absent but sometimes it is required of me to 'be still and know that He is God" and that he is right there, laying out everything before me, just as it should be. Thank you, Sweet Jesus, for all of your awesomeness in my life.

1 comment:

Cissa said...

God is never missing, is He!?!

(oh yeah, and I like the blue!)