Wednesday, April 30, 2008

The Best Part!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe that I left this out! I wasn't that I really left it out, I just changed gears before getting to this. During my dad's service I didn't sit up front with my family. I used the excuse that Stephen needed my help in the back with the computer and sound stuff. Truly, I didn't want to sit up there on the front row on display for everyone. My mom was taken care of, my brother was at her side and her husband on the other. I also had the worlds best best friend and her husband come back and stay with us in the bar area (the building was previously a night club). I needed the comfort of their presence and someone else needed some seats. The music was wonderful and I worshipped! With my arms lifted high and my spirit comforted I prayed. "If just one person comes to you through this, it's all worth it." I prayed that so many times during that first week. Then my brother died. One of the first thoughts I had after 'coming to' was "That's not what I meant! That's not what I meant!" But His ways are higher than my ways. My brother's memorial service was long and beautiful. I didn't spend this service the same. I did 'hide' in the bar area with my husband and best friend. But instead of spending it with my arms outstretched, I spent it comforting my little warrior Randon. We had a special bond with his Uncle Dan and his Papa and he had been having a hard time with all this loss. I did continue the prayer for him to reach just one person. One person, and it would all be worth it!We had the services at the same church were we had my father's. Anew Church in Enid is a network church of LifeChurch.tv ( http://www.anewchurchenid.com/). We opened that church last summer. My brother laid the carpet. Anyway, during his service, the pastor of the church, Marshal Billingslea played a song, announced the eulogy and then did a short mini-sermon after the eulogy and video were over. He gave an alter call and 12, yes twelve, count them, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 people came to Christ! I was with my son at this time and didn't find this out for a couple of hours. I was so excited I could burst. My sister and her husband were also thrilled! Stephen and Jimmy talked about how some people wouldn't have liked the long message at the end but how it was all worth if if just one came to know Him, but there were 12! This wondrous news brought me tears of joy! How the death of someone I love so much could bring others into eternity with Him is amazing. I'm not saying the sting of death is gone, but it sure makes it easier to take it.

Thank you Jesus, It was all worth it.

No comments: