Saturday, April 26, 2008

A Knights Tale

I found myself in a battle of epic proportions. Two mighty warriors, boasting three swords between them, came after me. I did my best to fend them off. The smaller one attacked first. I knocked one of his weapons free from his grasp effortlessly. He clung tight to the other, for he would not be defeated so easily. He refused to go down with out a fight. And then I was wounded in the back by the second assailant. While my weapon wielding shoulder ached in pain, I flung around to face him. Ah ha! The sword of the smaller one lay just ahead of me. I now had two swords, surely I would come forth a winner. With a warrior behind me and another in front, I began to fight. I swung my swords against one, then turned to face in other. This went on for what seemed like hours, though I know it was only moments. The second one retreated! Perhaps victory is mine! I shall give chase and conquer him in his village! As I lung ever so gracefully forward he straightens. "Mom, Pirates don't skip!" he says. Oh. I thought we were knights.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are such a great mom. I hope to be more like you are with your kids. I know we each have different strengths but yours shine when it comes to your kids. Love ya

Cissa said...

This story sounds a bit familiar! Only, I never win. Next time don't skip. Knights don't skip either.