Sunday, May 4, 2008

The Elect Lady

And Her Holy Discontent - (Part I)

That was the title of the women's conference that I just returned from. It was at Brookhill Ranch in Hot Springs Arkansas. It was an amazing time of prayer, worship and hearing from the Lord.


My sweet friend Christa just had baby number 10 a month and a half ago. She wasn't able to go on this trip so she gave her spot to me! She then got a full scholarship for another friend of ours, Dawn. I knew that it would be an awesome trip, great learning experience and something I would remember forever. Knowing that, you would think I would be more receptive to what the Lord was trying to tell me. Nah, I guess I am not as quick a learner as I thought.

We hadn't been there long when I had my first big Ah Ha moment. The leaders granddaughter, a young mom named Lynley spoke to us briefly about how our dissatisfaction can become bondage. She talked about how for her it was her house and the duties that came with it. Umm, I can check that box! That is me! My house has been in disarray for so long that it has become normal. I hate that it is this way. Yet, it continues to be this way. Uhhh, Duh! Fix it!

Lynley talked about doing dishes and other chores and that it's not just 'doing dishes.' It's serving your family and making your home a comforting, loving place that people WANT to be! I want that! And I can have that! I am now committed to making my house a comforting, loving place that people WANT to be. But it's bigger than that. I can't really explain it. A burden has been lifted even though I have yet to conquer 'the mess.' Will it be easy? Probably not. But most things worth doing aren't a cake walk. Besides, I like brownies better anyhow.

No comments: