Thursday, May 22, 2008

So Fun!

We bought our son, Stephen (9), a Slingshot for his birthday last year. This is a waterslide, not the weapon, although we have those too! Our yard was flooded for most of last summer so we never got the chance to use it. A few days ago, the boys put the Little Tykes yellow slide in front of an air mattress and made their own waterslide/slip-n-slide. They wanted something to make the slide a little longer. I looked for another air mattress and then thought "Um, Duh! Get the Slingshot out of the attic!" After wrestling that huge box half way down the attic steps, I opted to risk damage to the product and avoid damage to my back, and tossed it the rest of the way to the ground. We both came out fine, thank you very much. The big boys had a great time! Daniel declined to participate and when I tried to assist him in sliding, he freaked and ran in the house! Maybe he remembers when he was only 1 and I slung him down the slip-n-slide at 100 mph, but he liked it then!

Today some of our friends came out to play with us. We had about a dozen kiddo's in line to take a ride on the Slingshot. The little ones all took a running go at it and just stopped once they landed on the slide! It took them a few tries to figure out how to get going. My friend Stef was helping her 3 year old by tossing him a bit. One time she was busy with baby so I told him I would toss him. I laid him across my arms like he was flying and gave him a good flingin.' Whoooosh! He was gone! He was so light that a little goes a long way! Next time it was his turn, Stef was ready to help him again and he said "I want her to do it!" as he pointed at me. I gave him another go and then started flinging some of the other little ones down the slide. I had so much fun! I think they did too!

Stef's daughter was by far the most fun to throw! She would lay across my arms and stiffen her legs. I grabbed her leg with my left hand and after throwing her on, I would follow through pushing her leg. This gave her added speed! She flew down that thing so fast she kept going clean off the other end! I was laughing so hard! She must have been having fun because she would get up and run back over to me. Stef was gathering kiddo's to leave while I was steadily tossing her daughter down the slide. She looked at me, as I was laughing like crazy, and said "Are you having more fun than the kids?" I may have been! It just cracked me up! As Stef headed to the car and kids were asking "One more time Mom?" I joined in. "One more time Mom!" I can't wait to throw around some more kiddo's!

1 comment:

Gina said...

You all were saints yesterday entertaining my boys through all of our chaos. Sorry for the sassiness I have heard tale of. Thank you so much!